I really like this question. It inspires me. I am just going to type and see what pops up…..
    I have a library book to return, so I am going to write on a post-it note the words “You Matter”. Then I am going to put that inside the book. But by the binding, so it doesn’t show, so that you would have to read the book to find it….because everyone matters, and we forget that about ourselves.
    I wouldn’t know the person who finds it, but that is fine. Or do you think that is creepy? How would you feel if you received that? Maybe it’s creepy….I will rethink that…..
    I am going to send my husband an ecard. He likes them and it would make him feel special.
    I have a neighbor who is in the throes of Parkinson’s, and needs a shoulder…I will give her that today if I see her.
    I will send my cousin a nice long email, which she loves.
    I will do my best to make one of my grandchildren his favorite cookies…first I will make the dough, stick it in the fridge overnight, then bake them tomorrow….yep.
    So, I do not love all these people, but why not do it anyway?
    And on with my day! Thank you for this question.
    UPDATE- as good as my intentions were at the time, I did not do anything with the library book….
    And my husband loved the ecard. I ended up sending my daughter an ecard as well, just because…and she just loved it. A good day all around.

1 year ago

Loved the idea of a note in the library book. How bout a simple ‘Have a great day’ note? 🙂

2. Amber Wright

How fantastic. I absolutely LOVE the “YOU MATTER” in the library book. I’m going to do that at some point. Not odd or creepy to me at all. Thanks for sharing!!!

1 year ago

Thank you, Amber. I did not do it…in our world today, even though my intention was to be kind, it may not have felt like that to whomever would have received it, and that is why I changed my mind.

2. SK

Do little ordinary things- make him a cup of coffee; show up for the ladies at jail for ministry morning; smile and say thank you; do some laundry; get some healthy groceries.

3. Amber Wright

I could take a selfie of me smiling and add a colorful text “All the while, SMILE. I love u.” Later on, take another selfie pic this time of me hugging myself that says “You’ve been stung by the Hug Bug”. I’m going to do this for real. Lol. I love this question.

4. DeVonna

I love this question! How indeed…
    Today I will do little things for my husband to show him how much I appreciate his presence in my life.

1 year ago

I’m not as creative as some, so I will just stick to simple smiles, “thank you’s,” and “I love you’s.”

1. sparrow

You are more creative than you know,
      dear sunnypatti…♥

2. Amber Wright

Try writing it on a post it or scrap paper. Take a pic and send it that way. Oh the smiles it will bring. Thanks for sharing. Have a terrific day.

1 year ago

Random acts of kindness speak volumes.

7. Avril

I haven’t written on paper in so long… But, I’m drawn to that idea as well. There’s tangibility in a letter or even a little sticky note. For the 4 others in my home, I think each one may get a special little gift today. For my husband love is a massage, for the middle child is hangng out on her bed… I needed the reminder to demonstrate my love.

8. m
    Mair

I, too, have begun to write letters. Looking through keepsakes during quarantine, I noticed that I was filled with joy and love as I reread letters. Clearly they were important to me when I received them, so I tucked them away. Little did I know how important they really were. I also let the person know that the letter sent years ago was still delivering:) I wrote letters to my granddaughters last week. There is something powerful about sending something tangible. They truly are love letters.

9. Carla

I can write a few notes & get them in the mail & send some unexpected texts, especially to nieces & nephews. As I start this day, I reach out to You on this site—I’m grateful to pilgrimage with you through life at this time in our lives. Abundant Blessings to you this day! 💕

1 year ago

This has been my personal battle.. trying to please all those around me, taking their own interests or concerns over mine. I understand that this stems from my wanting to be liked and loved by all. It’s time to love me first, take care of my interests first. Yes compassion of others and wanting to help is important but I’m trying to grasp with thought that these actions cannot be my source of feeling being loved or accepted. Go for a walk in nature..treat myself to a Starbucks.. give positive validations to me.

1 year ago

I know the feeling, devy – being raised to please others and put one’s own needs far far down in the list. Enjoy your treats –

1 year ago

Good insight, Devy. Quite right, we don’t have to “do” to be grateful of others, or need to do things to deserve their affection. What I take away from your post is it is just as important to be grateful for own self. Thank you.

1 year ago

Today, I am going to say “I love you” to the woman in the mirror, and then I wink to her. I think she needs it. She is a bit sad sometimes

Big hug, ((((Christine))))

All the love you ever experienced is still there. You have friends who love you, too!

2. pkr

Yes Christine, tell yourself multiple times thru out the day, how much you love you. Love starts with the Self. Have a blessed day. ❤️

3. Amber Wright

THIS HERE IS E V E R Y T H I N G🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍. How beautiful

Love this !

1 year ago

Truly, I don’t need to look for creative ways to show the many loved ones in my life that I am grateful for them today. Only three words, expressed honestly, are required… “I love you!”

“I love you’s, opens doors, softens jagged edges, melts hardened hearts, and echo’s “I love you” in return.

Now, that’s not to say that I don’t admire all the many ways that creative types, artists of every caliber and ability, young or old, find their own unique ways of expressing their love. Some of the keepsakes that I have received and treasure for forty years and counting will attest to that!

I am grateful for this site, and “I love you,” each, those who frequent here.

Same to you:)

2. pkr

Thank you Kevin. I love you and appreciate your wisdom. Have a blessed day.❤️

Aah, thank you, Kevin. You are very kind.💛

Aah! That put a big smile on my face. Your cup runeth over, Kevin! 😀

1 year ago

Not a creative person so I will stick with simply telling them.

1 year ago

Write a handwritten letter, a card. A real, hard copy thing they can hold in their hand and put in a drawer and find years from now (perhaps when they need to hear it most). Using words (these powerful symbols) to convey the things my heart holds dear so as to keep them close.