The recent challenges created by the pandemic have shown me that I possess great resilience and inner strength, more than I ever imagined.

1 year ago

You’ve been growing, EJP! 🙂

1 year ago

The difficulties have brought me humbleness and gratitude. They have made me realize that we don’t give up. We keep showing up. We do our best and then we let go and try again.

1 year ago

Relying on inner strength, focusing on positivity, self love and one day at a time helps with resilience during difficulties in life.

1 year ago

Two quotes this morning speak my mind:

“Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you’re a vegetarian.” – Dennis Wholey

“Be joyful, even though you have considered all the facts.” – Wendell Berry

1 year ago

Fabulous quotes, Kevin! thx.

1 year ago

Haha Kevin!

1 year ago

“Difficulties.” Such an elegant word. The image of the Lone Cypress tree in Big Sur on the Pacific coast comes to mind. The place it grows has shaped it, and all the long nights of storm and blasts of sea air have made it into something beautiful. It clings to its perch with a grip so evident to the naked eye that it seems to be holding the top of the precipice together as much as it is holding the tree. They have become one. The ‘how’ of it is withstanding what life throws at me. Take it in the face. If I lose ground I do so grudgingly. While this doesn’t sound like acceptance, it is surely not avoidance.

1 year ago

My experience of reilience is that it only strengthens with time, as we grow and learn through the difficulties. Each obstacle overcome provides a little more stretch on our personal band of resilience, enabling us to make better decisions and maintain our sense of self no matter what occurs.

1 year ago

Love most definitely love.
    A very difficult and painful time was when we learned that my husband had a brain tumor and he would only live a few more months. After my husband passed away, I felt so much love and I was truly imbued with love. It was this love that provided resilience. There is grief, al lot of grief and tears, but there is, thank God, resilience. I always feel like I’m being taken care of.

1 year ago
  8. Shan

I agree. Often, we have to acknowledge the minuteness of our existence. That too can become a corner or a circle. 🎈🎈

1 year ago