Getting quiet and going deep inside to touch my soul. Clarity is there, and it is always waiting.

2. alara87350

When I read the question about feeling powerless my magnifying mind jumped to what if’s? I became immersed in feeling powerless. Then a choice – stay here in this state or sit in this moment and just breathe. Powerful!

3. Chester

I recall that my purpose lies not in the power that I bear but in the steps that I take.

Prayer, sitting in silence, and walking the seashore at sunrise.

It’s such fun to have a seashore to walk, isn’t it, Kevin? – my fav memories are of walking it at night when I couldn’t sleep. And of the Sikh on the beach early one morning shortly after 9/11 – he appeared suddenly around the bend in the coast and we both gave each other big smiles.

Asking others for help, whether that be family, co workers, friends.

Once in my life I felt really powerless, that was when we heard that Karel my husband had an incurable brain tumor. The choice we had was to accept fate. We made sure that his soul would have a nice transition once the death came. So, We prayed, enjoyed nature, listened to beautiful music and above all continued to enjoy each other. we could’nt cure is body, but we helped his soul.❤

Dear Friends, thank you all for being so kind to me 😊💞

2. Y
      Yram

That is such a beautiful way to approach that situation. Thank you for being a role model. Blessings to you as you continue on.

3. Laura

Thank you for sharing this, Christine. What a beautiful gift you gave to your husband.

4. Iamme

I helped care for my best friend three years ago. She had cancer in the brain, lungs, liver, from diagnosis to death was ten short but full weeks. It was quite surreal, as for the first 5 weeks when she was still able to walk and leave the house, I’d never seen her more joyful or alive. She wanted to remain at home and so her family and myself supported her practically in that decision, and she left this world from the comfort of her own home, surrounded by family, she retained power over how she would spend her final days because her family honoured her choice and enabled it. I felt powerless at the beginning of her journey, but realised that the power was in the choices I made to support her and her family in practical ways which I know helped to make daily life easier. She had at the time of diagnosis given all those closest to her a role, mine was to teach her husband and son how to cook vegan, gluten free meals. She’d organised us all and I think it helped to give us all a purpose and a focus for the difficult weeks ahead. It was a privilege to be a part of her life at that time, heartbreaking but also full of joy, laughter and love.

I’m so sorry for your loss, you must miss your husband terribly. You used your power to enjoy the days you had left to you as a couple and to fill your husbands limited time with beauty, love and serenity, that’s the best kind of power to have in this uncertain world. x

Thank you, lamme! I especially treasure knowing that your friend gave you all roles and that yours was to teach vegan cooking to her husband and son. May I remember this!

1. Iamme

She was such an inspiration in those ten weeks with her strength, serenity and sense of humour. Role assignment was a genius idea, everyone knew what they could do to help and knew exactly what help she wanted, which in turn enabled us all to spend quality time with her.

Thank you again, lamme – I want to remember this for the end of my own life, so I saved your highlights to my gratefulness doc where I keep all my favorite quotes 🙂 – what a gift!

2. Barb C

Your friend sounds amazing. giving everyone a role–what a wonderful way to involve friends and family and not leave it to the “let me know if I can help” statements that overwhelm people already dealing with too much.

1. Iamme

It really was a genius idea, I don’t know if she read it somewhere or came up with it herself but it enabled all closest to her to feel useful in practical ways and. it enabled us all to spend quality time with her. I miss her terribly and often raise my eyes heavenwards and ask her for advice or say “ok, I know you are saying ‘I told you so’ because I’ve done the exact thing you would advise me not to do!” She might be gone but she’s still a strong presence in my life, I’m grateful to have had her friendship.

3. Y
        Yram

Thank you for sharing. I recently had a similar situation with a good friend. She transitioned within 10 days of her multiple diagnosis. She was not in control but family and friends rallied around her.

1. Iamme

I’m so sorry to hear this. It is heartening that she had people who loved her, surrounding and supporting her. x

4. Laura

What a beautiful post, Iamme. Thank you.

5. Hermann-Josef

What a wonderful courageous spouse you are. How thankful your husband must be. Thank you for sharing Christine🙏

Your life-wisdom, lovingly shared here, Christine, is a gift to us all.

beautiful Christine.

7. Hermann-Josef

Whatever „ muscles“ i have trained the most, that will decide how I move. I don‘ t know if I am right, but I think it was Jesus who said his power is powerlessness. This would be one muscle one could strengthen. But there are many more. There is an American lawyer, who wrote a beautiful „poem“ called desiderata. There are many good hints in it. The decision to take responsibility for oneself, then selfconfidence might be essential.