1. Katrina

I am fortunate to have had the influencers (as they are referred to these days) in my life that I had. Parents, church leaders, teachers, sisters, friends of my parents that influenced my values, fostered my interests, and coached my gifts and talents in ways that allowed me to fly when I was out on my own. I didn’t always feel secure in that, but looking back, I can see how I was more secure than I felt. And that was all part of the formation.

2. pkr

I am fortunate in so many ways. I woke up today to see the sun, feel the breeze. I have a roof over my head, toast on my plate and coffee in my hand. Plenty of food in the cupboard. I have my good health. I have Source by my side and many Angels. I am very blessed. 🙏❤️

3. Chester

This question reminds me of when many years ago I returned from traveling for several weeks in an impoverished area of the world, where homes were small, simple stone structures with dirt floors and minimal if any furnishings beyond a table and a few chairs. After getting back home, I walked into a grocery store, as if for the first time, amazed by all the items lining the shelves, the fresh vegetables and meats, all neatly displayed and ready to be picked up. While I am certainly not consistently mindful of all the ways that I am fortunate, I suspect it is much like my taking for granted the simple blessing of being able to walk into a grocery store – so many things from which to choose. That said, after having recalled that memory will focus on the great blessing of good memories.

1. John T

Reminds me of when on a family vacation my sons saw for the first time the extreme poverty of the third world. They were about 8 and 10 and both started and could not stop crying for several minutes. When we all flew back home, we kneeled down on the dirty pavement before getting in the car and kissed it.

4. SK

I am the most fortunate woamn on the planet (or as my doctor says “the healthiest woman in my practice and on the planet”).I am fortunate in that I have a life I love, have had purpose in my career, have amazing friend. I have a home to take care of; a meditative garden in which to sit and wonder in; a life of good memories and parents who loved me. after watching a documentary on “The Children of Shame” in Ireland as the children of unwed mothers, separated from them, sold as orphans or allowed to die and be buried in a secret mass grave- I come to the surface of life everyday so grateful and thankful. These babies and children were sold, trafficked, neglected, abandoned and disgraced by the very “religion” that is suppose to promote love and forgiveness. we must never forget the lost ones; the innocents of our world.

2 years ago

I had loving parents and have loving children and a loving husband. My living needs are met with many humble but delightful extras that we enjoy. My now grown up children are doing all right… they have bumps in the road, but more or less are learning how to navigate them and it is beautiful to watch them grow and develop as people. Of all the fortunes I have, reasonable health, nature near by, skills, education… it is still the people who make me feel especially fortunate. Friends and acquaintances f-to-f and friends here in this “room.”

This morning when I got up, as usual, the cat at the foot of the bed got up too. I went to the top of the stair and the cat was with me. He moved one paw as if about to take the next step down but then hesitated and waited to see if I would take the step down. I said, “Go on, boy,” but he wouldn’t until I took that step. We went down to the kitchen together for our breakfast. It was kind of cute.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

6. Esti

I Have health, a good family, daughter and son, and being alive I have the possibility of becoming a better person.

7. Javier Visionquest

When the emperor loves music all is well in his kingdom

2 years ago

That is a wonderful quote, Javier. Where did you find that?

1. Javier Visionquest

Some obscure Kung Fu film, maybe? I’m sorry, Holly. I don’t remember. My Google hand is ever weakening.

2 years ago

haha… no matter. It is still a great quote!!!

8. Patricia

I am counting the ways…. May I always be grateful, God.

9. Sarah

I have been fortunate to be blessed with a family to share life with and a merciful, loving God to light the way.

2 years ago

I’m alive, healthy in body and mind, in love with this life and all that it has offered me. I found my soulmate and I love the life we have built and look forward to everything else we will do together. I have a home, a sanctuary from the city, that is in the country but just a 20 minute drive to the beach. Ruger the dog and BC the cat. A good vehicle that gets me where I need and want to go. A life of abundance in many ways, with the most important of those being LOVE. When I learned to love myself and accepted that I am love, that’s when the fortune unfolded. Love is my greatest gift, and I am grateful for it every single day.

11. DeVonna

Wow…so many ways. I feel like I won the relationship lottery with my dear husband. We are, both of us, flawed in many ways, and yet as my daughter once stated, we’re both “loyal and forgiving”. Also, my abilities as a writer are a gift. I am able to reach people around the world with my stories of hope and faith. My life, though far from “normal”, is a gift as well. My children, my grandchildren, my friends, my many experiences…I could go on and on.

12. Toni

I am fortunate to be alive. To have hope for another day. To be here in good health and have my wits about me with peace of mind and love in my heart. It’s enough to get me through this day, come what may.

2 years ago

I hope your day goes well, Toni.

13. Roy Howard

What comes to mind this morning: a warm home, a life partner who cares for me, despite my foilbles, our two daughters with whom I’m close, the chance for bird watching and hiking. These are things for which I’m very grateful – and fortunate.

2 years ago

I am fortunate in many ways: my kids are healthy, I have a home with electricity, water, and food, I have a good job with benefits and pays well, I live in USA with freedoms and rights that others do not have. Feeling very grateful. Thank you.

2 years ago

I am fortunate in so many ways.. I have food, a home, able to financially support myself, have reasonably good health albeit aches and pains from wear and tear, I have a great partner and friends with whom I can keep in touch in spite of the restrictions. But most of all I am alive.. I am able to enjoy the senses, to hear and feel my heart beat, to feel and hear air entering and leaving my lungs. I look at others and see how fortunate I am.

1 2 3