1. Anna

I have never linked gratitude to courage, and I have to reflect on this question, especially in a difficult time at work, when skills are not considered.
    Perhaps I could begin to consider my skills and abilities with gratitude, then I will have more courage to express them: this is not a privilege, it belongs to me.

2. Katrina

At this stage of life I am grateful for the variety of life experiences that ground me and “en-courage” me for things now and things to come.

3. Eula

The truth is sometimes I don’t know the answer but we have to look around and see the things that less fortunate from us. They have nothing but they continue to live and bare a smile amidst the adversities in their lives. So, I think that’s the answer why I must live with courage and be more thankful for all the things I have right now.

1. sparrow

You might watch the video on the gratefulness home page,
      dear Eula . . .
      it inspired & lifted me up,
      and adjusted my perspective;
      it might do the same for you…

4. Cathie

Hmm, this is a tough one as I never connected gratefulness with courage. I don’t know, I will need to begin to wonder about this and look for connections. Thanks for the question!

I was, at one time, a champion worrier. I had experienced much loss and trauma and as I emerged from it I worried about everything! When someone I cared about went out of sight I would worry I’d never see them again, and I’d worry constantly of what people thought of me or how good i was, and I’d worry about my health, and so many other things. It was only gratefulness that pulled me out of that tailspin. Worry is not about what is real, though we fool ourselves that it is. We can worry when we have nothing, and worry just as easily when we have everything. Gratitude pulls us out of what ISN’T and into where we are, what is around us, and the blessings we have. It pulls us into experiencing this very moment as I am typing this and you are reading! It connects ME to YOU, and we have a moment of friendship as I reach out to you. Gratefulness polishes away the awful tarnish and reveals our blessings. 🤗❤

1. Elaine

Your reflection is so well put Holly. I resonate with ” Gratitude pulls us out of what ISN’T.” “Worry is not about what is real, though we fool ourselves that it is. ” The gratefulness path in essence is about being in reality I think. Giving our energy to what is rather than what is not is a heart opening, heart-enlarging practice .(“coeur” means “heart” in French). Practicing gratefulness can/will give me courage.

Ditto with KC – “Awful tarnish” is a beautiful [??] image – many thanks 🙏 🤩

3. KC

Such a beautiful, apt metaphor. ‘Gratefulness polishes away the awful tarnish and reveals our blessings”. So true! And from there, courage somehow arises…

4. Linda

Holly, I read a great quote the other day that helped me. It said, “Don’t believe everything you think.” Thoughts can take on a life of their own, as my own have done so many times.

Dear Linda – thanks – your quote reminds me of something I’ve said – ‘whatever I say, the opposite is also true’

5. Journey

Gratitude pulls us out of what isn’t and where we are, what is around us and the blessings we have…
      Gratefulness polishes away the awful tarnish and reveals our blessings…
      So well written Holly!

6. sparrow

” Gratefulness polishes away the awful tarnish and reveals our blessings. ”
      Beautifully said,
      dear Holly!

Thank you, thank you, friends. I hope you each have a wonderful day.

6. v
    valgxmes

One of the major things I am grateful for is my passion, in which it helps live with courage to keep growing and getting bigger and better.

7. Nelson

I’m in this life coaching program right now and one of the habits we’re developing is being more conscious of the words we say when we encounter challenges. We pause and say “This is good because …” I’m in the midst of a career change and I’m constantly encountering things that trigger imposter syndrome and resignation though I’m still committed to my end goal. Gratefulness during these times remind me that challenges are just part of the natural growth plan, and to push through anyway.

1. Katrina

I love this. Where can I find your life coach? 🙂

1. Nelson

http://www.jensincero.com. Her audiobooks are so funny! Really hits home Law of Attraction and gratitude with a sarcastic and witty spin. Love her!

Thanks, Nelson – I’ve gone to her website

2. Patricia

Thank you, Nelson. I am going to ponder (and use!) that phrase… “This is good because…” Your post is a gift to me today and I’m grateful.

Gratefulness enables me to see the abundance of all that I am and all that I have, giving me great strength and courage to live in the present.

9. Marnie Jackson

Gratitude helps me to see all of the gifts in my life – and to tell those gifts that they are treasured.

10. Journey

Gratefulness reminds me that I have more than I deserve or need. It reminds me that things have worked out in the past even when I didn’t think it would. This gives me courage that that current situations can and will get better. Gratefulness is the doorway to courage.

Very true.

Gratefulness allows one to focus on what we have, the positivities, how we survived past situations knowing that they are temporary.

Being grateful helps me stay connected to my inner Self and to God, which results in me living my truth without worry of what others might think.

13. Butterfly

Nearly 20 years ago I suddenly became bedbound, apart from a few occasional tottering steps. It was terrifying. I felt as if I was buried alive in one small room and I didn’t know how I could go on living like that. I had to learn to adapt to the situation but I still got very depressed. Then I learnt meditation. That was so helpful and calming to my overwrought nervous system but I still struggled mentally at times. Four years ago my daughter introduced me to this website and it has transformed my life. I have found however difficult things get I can always find plenty to be grateful for and that keeps me in a calm, positive frame of mind. Gratefulness gives me the courage to keep going.

1. Butterfly

Dear friends, thank you for your lovely messages 😊❤️

2. Carol

Butterfly, Yours is a grateful and brave heart. Your courage is inspirational.

3. KC

Butterfly,

Thank you so much for sharing your story and reflection. Your words resonate for me as well – ‘I have found however difficult things get I can always find plenty to be grateful for and that keeps me in a calm, positive frame of mind. Gratefulness gives me the courage to keep going’. Yes!

Warmly,

KC

4. pkr

❤️🙏

5. sparrow

I experienced this for 2 years,
      dear Butterfly,
      and felt the same way as you have described…
      when it was over & I was made whole again,
      I was ashamed that I let the lack of gratitude
      get the better of me.
      Bless you & may your path forward
      be light..

6. Sandra

Butterfly, that really must have been a terrifying experience. Thank you for sharing your story; you have inspired me to live with courage 🙏

On the whole, I am grateful for being able to live my life with integrity, and doing so fortifies me to have the courage to stand, without flinching, on what I believe.

Gratefulness calms me. It slows me down, which is really what I need. It gives me the “Pause” I need….

1 2 3