At this point gratitude is fairly habitual. I suppose there is a shift in my perception of Source when I am more consciously grateful. Without thinking about it I consider myself ‘lucky’ or ‘fortunate’. When in fact it is a matter of my being receptive to being open and available to be used as a conduit. I am not really sure I have ever considered that I have a single purpose here, on the planet I mean. And yet, that may be it: to be useful. And I have to get out of the way for that to even be remotely possible, and that is a shift in perspective. Gratitude is a platform for the servant disposition required to do that.

2. Laura

Gratitude shifts me into a sense of fullness in the moment. It’s the difference, for example, between noticing the buds on trees to seeing each tightly wrapped bud ready to burst with the thrum of new life.

A sense of gratitude negates any negative thoughts that cross my mind and helps me live in the present, appreciate all that I have or experiencing thus bringing feelings of acceptance and contentment to me.

4. Maurice Frank

A sense of gratitude can help me question and re-interpret my reactions to this moment.

5. c
    carol

acceptance — gratitude for this human capacity of acceptance; I’m hoping will enable me to have compassion for my failings and then gratitude for the human capacity to advance beyond them– use the failing as a stepping stone to greater wholeness– see what happens

My perspective in this moment is good. Really good! We had a terrible storm last night with tornado warnings. Same thing happened the night before, but last night was very scary. I don’t usually get scared, but I was. I prayed for our safety, and for the safety of our community.

I’m incredibly grateful to be safe this morning. I’m grateful everything looks normal outside, even if the back is a bit flooded. I hope all of my town is okay, too.

Glad you’re okay!

2. Laura

Glad you’re OK, sunnypatti.

My insomnia is active at the moment, so to be grateful for this is difficult. I am grateful that I am working on this, and am now going back to bed-and for that I am grateful!

A sense of gratitude would remind me of all that I am and all that I have, creating a quiet peace in this given moment.

I try and make it a point throughout my day to pause, in the tiniest of moments, to remind myself to be grateful for whatever I might be experiencing at that point in time. And frequently, it’s like opening a window to fresh air, or walking out of a self-imposed mental fog into the sunshine, where the landscape of my imagination changes to something new and far reaching, with possibilities of thought and action previously unknown.

Right now I am very tired so my gratitude is for whomever manufactured my coffee.

Yes-Yes, Michele! Thanks for reminding me to go turn my coffee pot on to… “magic!”)

Hope gives me perspective. I am a hopeful person. So when I feel grateful for the hope I feel, gratitude gives me a sense of perspective.

A complicated sentence and answer.😂

This question is assuming I don’t already have a sense of gratitude- gratitude is present in me right now and it’s helping me see the Beaty of life.

13. Carla

Cultivating a grateful heart happened years ago. I know All is Gift, All is Grace. And as Julian of Norwich said “All shall be well…”

14. Iamme

Gratitude has taken up an almost permanent residence within me, so no shift required right now. It has to take something very challenging and stressful to push gratitude out of sight for a while.