1. Joseph McCann

The shadows are longer this time of year due the angle of the sun. When my granddaughter Aubrie was a small child just getting her feet under her she would run on those little legs through the fields. She would see her shadow and focus on that object. Aubrie had enough trouble staying upright as it was and concentrating on the shadow, chasing or running away from her did not help. After the inevitable wipe out she would pick herself up and do it again. I am not sure if my telling her to look where she was running and not at her shadow, the continuous falls or a bit of both, but she finally got it down! Best I could do with the question today but the memories of little Aubrie, she is twelve now, put a smile on my face.

2 weeks ago
  2. Carla

As I begin, I smile, trusting the question was printed accidentally with its grammar error. I’ve been told there are times I have “an edge” about me. When used as the gift it is, it colors and fills in the shadow and I become a tenacious advocate for others. When I’m off the beam, it’s best I practice restraint of pen, tongue, and “send” button.

2 weeks ago

I don’t think much of my ‘shadow’ much. I will look for it next time I’m outside. too early in the morning to give this much thought right now. wording is off too, feel bad for those where English is a second language. Think it should read ‘What am I doing to …’

2 weeks ago

After coming back to this question it made me remember Andy Gibb’ s song Shadow Dancing.

2 weeks ago

I will sit today’s question out, and read how others respond, as I am not sure that I understand what today’s question means. I understand what “shadow” means, but not in the way that the sentence is structured.

2 weeks ago
    1. Maeve

If you have read “A Wrinkle in Time”, this question of our “shadow” is addressed in this wonderful book.

2 weeks ago