1. Carla

I’ve been nurturing & disciplining the Martha/Mary sides of myself by consciously adding in more quiet time in the mornings & a monthly class of SoulCollage. Yesterday I organized a small handful of folders for picture categories. It’s a start.

2. Carol

“When we are connected — to our own purpose, to the community around us, and to our spiritual wisdom — we are able to live and act with authentic effectiveness.” Malidoma Patrice Somé
    I can’t get past my reaction to today’s quote. I found the words “our own purpose” questionable. To put it simply, I think our purpose is not personal. It is universal. It is to be instruments of evolution in every situation that presents itself. Every situation that comes into our lives brings with it the chance to change and grow. Any progress we make is a win for all creation. As for support, I found that many times my greatest growth has come when I have no visible support. I have found that it comes in times of surrender, in times of prayer. The hymn, “Make Me a Channel of Your Peace” comes to mind. Medical intuitive Carolyn Myss when asked to offer a prayer one can say when one feels absolutely hopeless offered this prayer: “I surrender, reach me any way you can.” It’s kind of a modern version of “Thy will not my will.” In 12-step circles they often recite this prayer: “My Creator, I offer myself to Thee. Please remove any defect of character that stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant that I may go out from here to do your bidding.” I often just pray, “Grant me wisdom in this situation.” As Richard Rohr says, “Your life is not about you.” Your purpose, my purpose, is so much greater than that.

3. Chester

Reducing the gap between intention and action – no need to look for support as I have available all that I need.

4. Journey

I’d like to change some of my OCD, Type A personality to a more relaxed, easy going one. I cant even go for a walk without counting the kilometers.
    I’d like to change my relationship with food, eating to nourish and fuel my body instead of clogging it with unhealthy stuff.
    I’d like to feel at home and at peace in my body and mind, instead of constantly thinking of the next thing I have to do. Again, Type A behavior.
    I’d like to work on patience, tolerance and being less judgemental.
    If I could CTRL-ALT-DEL and reboot my personality and get a whole new one, I would. I realize this thinking is also not healthy and that I need to accept myself and love myself as I am while also growing and evolving. As our Pastor says, instead of human beings, we should be calling ‘humans becoming’ as we are constantly changing and evolving. .

2 years ago

Sometimes when I have struggled with something for a long while, I discover that the solution is not getting away from it, but is “entering in.” I thought of this when you mentioned CTRL-ALT-DEL, because I used to visualize a gi-normous eraser to rub out awful memories and parts of myself I didn’t like. But it the end, it was acceptance that gave me peace, and ironically, the ability to change. The “patience, tolerance, and being less judgmental,” might need to begin with having that for yourself. Sometimes it is a matter of committing to loving yourself, “no matter what.”

I think you are beautiful, just as you are.

1. Journey

Thank you Holly for your lovely, lovely and wise response. That was just the support I needed.

2 years ago

CTRL-ALT-DEL grabbed my attention as I scrolled thru your answers, Journey and Holly in Ohio! And your “gi-normous eraser”, Holly in Ohio! Thank you and hugs –

5. Ed Schulte

My “change and grow” intentions are directed towards strengthening ‘and determining the ‘What and Who’ personality I will become in my current and next “”Earthy” incarnation”.
    Similar to Trish this morning….. the “support” is there from the two aspects of the Holy Trinity ..the Logos ( Christos) and the Holy Spirit ,……. and of course, Mary and the many, many, attained Beings who can hear me when I am sincere in my intentions.

adding from my morning meditation reading ………then Joshua said ….“Be still. Be calm and listen to me. I have given you in your material body a human heart. I am the pulse in your heart. Hear me in the pulse of your heart. In the pulse of your heart is my love for you. Clean your heart. Make it a crystal clear mirror to reflect my love—your love–to every human being, my offspring. Find me and listen to me. I am life in your heart. I have given you two eyes while protected in the sockets. You can see the material light and in this light you can see everything material in the material word. Feel me in my Omnipresents. I have given you in your chest two lungs to breathe my air and my Life-giving Vitality. Breathe deeply and feel the air you are breathing in your lungs. You can feel me there and you can hear me in your breath. I am in your breath.”
    page 72 …Joshua Immanuel….His life on” Earth….Author, Daskalos

6. k'Care-Reena

I have not always had a great relationship with money which explains my financial state right now. I recently decided to think of money as having an actual relationship with. I have not been giving out my money. I have noticed 2 companies have bit responded regarding a refund and I am doing it to build my relationship with money. As far as support I would love it if I was able to be not only compensated & higher amount my the inconvience . I also would like to grow in the “organic Market system” meaning marketing made easy and to find my targeted audience. I am a healer and an available to add individuals for late September 20, 2101 unitll Dec 31 201, know annoy who is stuck, having any health concern? Your body is asking for help in the form of food. Is life a movie on repeat? Feeling demotivated & tired? Have you notcied your life is going in circles…lets talk

7. Patricia

I would like to continue to grow in my practice of regular spiritual disciplines so that living in the Spirit is something of which I am more often consciously aware. I want to live more mindfully: the Spirit is both a taproot in my life and a North Star; I’m rooted and fed, but also led forward.

1. L
      Lauryn

Conscious awareness—- that sums it up so nicely!

2. S
      Sam

Thank you for sharing your reflection. I copied it and will read it over many times to serve as source of inspiration and transformation. Sam

2 years ago

My feeling of abandonment at times. I’ve been aware of this for years, the reasons why and logically know that my mind is living in the past with my parents. At times and now recent when I feel stressed, it’s little head rears itself, or I’ll be angry about something that’s happening in my life and I will set myself up for isolation only to then feel abandoned. This is an ongoing problem. I am trying to meditate and be thankful when this happens but the little me comes to the surface. I have a zoom appointment with my counsellor today to discuss this. I haven’t talked to her since June and it’s time for a tuneup.

1. expati

Acceptance.

9. Trish

There is a lot of extraneous nonsense that I allow into my life. It truly doesn’t deserve any time or recognition from me & I’d like to thank it for teaching me & say goodbye. I have things to do & places to go. I really don’t need voices of naysayers in my head or the lure of quick distractions like social media. Support comes from the Holy Spirit. She’s an amazing friend!

2 years ago

I am seeking growth at work. I love learning, and the more I know, the better for my now as well as my future. I have already asked for support from another leader at our sister store across the bridge. He is a respected individual in the company, is successful, smart, to the point, and a great leader. So he has become my mentor. I have also been put on the roster in our region to take the CCP (Certified Cheese Professional) course, and I really hope they choose me. It would not only be fun learning the ins and outs of artisan cheeses, but getting that certification would certainly expand my mind and offer me opportunities that will help my future endeavors of event planning and catering. And getting it paid for by the company would be a great blessing, too!

2 years ago

I LOVE cheese and my best friend makes an awesome charcuterie board. Good luck! I hope in a year to take an exam and then I’ll have CTBS (Certified Tissue Banking Specialist) in addition to my MLT (Medical Lab Technician) by my name:)

2 years ago

Cheese is awesome! I’m so grateful to have fallen into the career I’m in, and if I can become certified in one of the main things we sell in my department, then all the better! Good luck with your certification, too, Michele!

2. Trish

It’s fun to follow your growth, sunnypatti! Certified Cheese Professional~Awesome🙂

Thank you, Trish!

2 years ago

This is a wonderful question. Thank you!

I am not inclined to seek change for the sole purpose of making a change. I am reasonably (stressing “reasonably”) content with my life and where I am in the world. But I do seek to grow, in knowledge, experience, and most especially, spiritually. To some extent, I am doing that now in small ways. Though the pandemic has been challenging in many ways, it has also, for me, opened some doors more easily because of the many workshops and learning opportunities now popping up in all sorts of venues on digital platforms. I may be the exception to the norm here, because while I treasure personal engagement one to another in physical settings, I also enjoy “zooming,” too. And as a person living with chronic back pain, avoiding long car rides, or torturous lecture hall seating, means I can more comfortably “sit” or “stand” for learning and enrichment opportunities online. In a loosely applied way, one could say that Zoom and similar video apps provide me with “support!”

2 years ago

My, too, Kevin – I love zooming and also not having to drive, tho that’s just because I’m a wussy driver.

2 years ago

I am growing and learning at work. I work with awesome people and my trainer is a wonderful mentor. So far so good:)

1. Ed Schulte

Great to hear your desired vocational field continues to unfold Michele! Your star is becoming brighter and brighter 🙂 …. as the ancient ones ( or was it Tolle? no matter ) say “When you are on the right path the right things will happen”.

I thought of you last friday when I was in for my scheduled Canadian Blood Donner visit. Glad to say that the organization has handled the challenges with COVID-19 and its “variants” are throwing at them very well.

2 years ago

Thank you Ed! I’m so happy you donate:)

2 years ago

I envy you your mentor! The some few I have had the privilege of working alongside of have enriched my life tremendously.

2 years ago

Changing is inevitable at this age and I will take what comes. But growth! Ahh! That is something I can be willful about. I am a decent storyteller, with room for much growth. I would love to take some writers workshops (any recommendations welcome). I have a month scheduled on the Connecticut shore again this summer and have set my eyes on having that be a rowing/writing event. So I will try to line up some project to work on whilst there. I have a friend who has been writing for decades…I will reach out to her thanks to this prompting! I owe her a letter anyway.