Availability to life? Perhaps by removing myself out of my comfort zone and trying new experiences or means to grow into the person I am meant to be.

1 year ago

Ok, this question has me wanting to be an advocate for organ and tissue donation:) People can be more available to life after death by choosing to donate. Organ donation (heart, lung, liver, kidneys, pancreas, intestine) saves lives while tissue donations (cornea, tendon/cartilage, valves, veins, skin, bone, birth tissue) help improve lives. https://www.donatelife.net/

1. GratefulOne

Hi Michelle, thanks for this. I became an organ and tissue donor and was glad I did it.

That’s great!

3. RATASHIQ

DAILY QUESTION, JUNE 13
    What are some ways you might make yourself more available to life? Perhaps being more available to new things and experience will allow this.

4. Ed Schulte

Polishing the mirror with….Attainment, Alignment…Atonement ….with what/who one already IS….This was expressed in to-day’s ‘Word of the Day’ and b! Nirmala Nair of ‘Authentic Live’, remind “the intelligence in us is living, Is your connection to it an living or dead line”? Well worth watching……….and then reflecting on those reflections ……….from my notes this morning………….We said that Absolute Being-ness is Life. The primary natures of Absolute Being-ness in all beings are Total Wisdom, Total power and Total Love, forming a sacred triangle.

Each nature depends on the other in order to be properly expressed.

Symbolically, the triangle of life is represented at the top of the Symbol of Life.

Absolute Being-ness, Christ Logos, Holy Spirit.

Total Wisdom, Total Love, Total Power.

*** Deep meditation is needed on the triangle of life.***

1 year ago

I have two responses to today’s question. First, I am quite satisfied with my current availability to life. Doing more of something, even when it’s considered a “good” thing, doesn’t automatically mean that it is necessary or even helpful.

Secondly, there’s a tiny, and hidden, “should” in today’s question. And where there’s a “should,” guilt isn’t very far behind.

1. J
      JDS

The word “should “ has not been in my vocabulary for a # of years now .
      Someone once told me that “ should=guilt”.
      For some reason –
      That really stuck with me .

2. C
      Cliff

Very perceptive about the “should”

1 year ago

I am a bit of a recluse. Love my solitude. This can bring me to a place of little genuine interactions. I have few friends. From years of habit my colleagues (who are the group I spend the most time with) are not considered friends as such. The Pandemic has exasperated this to some extent. Hopefully, as things open up, places like my rowing club will become more social and allow for some connections. I have taken up photography as a new medium, so getting out to take photos will get me out more. Being honest, I simply prefer to spend time at home for there I can write.

1. Mike

I’m the same way. In one sense, the enforced “hunkering down” of the pandemic was welcome. Now, as I’m sure many others are experiencing, I’m somewhat reluctant to “get back out there.” I’m glad to see friends face to face, but I am selective in my ventures out. Making myself available to life is a constant discernment process of determining what is uniquely mine to do and give.

1 year ago

Though I am perceived by most people to be social in nature, at the same time I cherish my solitude also. So I understand perfectly what you mean here, Howie. I’m also a hobbyist photographer, which I find can do both things, get me out there more often, yet at the same time, be a singularly focused and solo-acting event all at the same time. Because when I’m shooting, it’s me, what I see through my lens, and virtually little else. I love it!
      As for rowing, my team is fully back at it and out on the water. Our rowing club, Whaling City Rowing, however, is holding off on doing any events until at least this fall.

1 year ago

Live in the present moment and always listen closely.

Give blessings.
    On this website is a link to gentle art of blessing. On that website I heard an interview with Pierre Pradervand. I can’t remember the right words, but he said something like . “You can choose to judge or bless someone. When you bless someone, you cannot judge that person at the same time.” I thought that was so beautiful. You actually always have a choice. It is then clear to me that I am trying to choose blessing. The blessing with the most love in it.

1 year ago

Thank you for sharing this Christine:)

9. O.Christina

I will turn again to music, especially playing an instrument which I long neglected although loved to play it, and singing. Music which may be I could share with others also for shared joy, once I am into it again.

1 year ago

For me is music, making music for others and making with others food for the soul. So joyful.