1. z
    zahraa abb

I think that I would write it for myself cause I am my most important person maybe I might write it for past me apologizing for not understanding myself and choosing to be my enemy for so long and if I would write for my future self i would ask what I am doing if I am okay or not

2. Chester

This touches on the undervaluing of the process of communication these days – insufficient appreciation that the process whereby we communicate is a vital part of the message and idea itself being honed. Suspect a handwritten note is in part valuable given the greater time needed to refine the message and get it onto paper. Generally these days people type faster than they write – not to mention the ease of deleting when typing. I believe for myself an interesting exercise may be to write a letter to one of my deceased grandparents – all deceased several years ago, but suspect would be a great activity to promote the long view on life, across lives … will have to give a bit closer consideration. Not sure need to hand-write though … may be able to compensate by deliberately taking my time.

3. JayJacks

I’d write a card to my mom. we recently lost my grandmother, her mother, whom she had a tough relationship with. in spite of this she has been grieving for quite some time and i believe she’d really appreciate some heartfelt words about being a good daughter and mother. i’d tell her thank you for doing such a good job raising me and tell her i love her.

1 year ago

Again, another good question….I have severe arthritis in my body, especially my neck and hands. I cannot write a decent note anymore, but I can and do on my computer. Ecards have really come to my rescue more than once. Email and talk-texting are a life saver for me…but this really brought back an idea I have had for years…..
    Many years ago, before my life changed so drastically, I wrote my children a letter-in my handwriting-Christmas. It told them I loved them, and all the positive things I saw in them……And more than once I have thought about doing it now, because they are 30 years older and would probably appreciate it more….and after reading Kevin’s thoughts about what it says, not how it is written….I am going to try and do that for them this Christmas…..yes, I do believe I am!

1. L
      Lauryn

That is amazing. I would love to receive something like this from my mother.

1 year ago

You inspire me, Mary Pat. Christmas it is. I think my kids could use this, too.

1 year ago

This morning I’m making up a small package to send to my son who’s at college in another state and is feeling a bit lonely. It will have in it a string of “Halloween” lights and candy, and anything else I think he might like. He is not expecting it. I like the suggestion today of putting in a letter, also, to let him know how much i care.

My husband and I are coming up on our 11th anniversary just before Halloween, and he is still very much a card person and a card saver! Each year we are married adds a richness to it I cannot describe, but I will try to in ways he will understand. 💞

1 year ago

EXCELLENT! What a great idea. I have done letters in the past for my kids, but never my husband…what a great idea….thanks….

1 year ago

I would send a cheery note to a dear friend in a nursing home, reminding her that I think of her often and cherish our memories.

1 year ago

That’s such a great idea, EJP! I have no one at the moment at a nursing home, but I will remember this one.

7. Cintia

🙂 I loved this daily question because I write a handwritten letter frequently. I’m volunteer in a project named “Love forward it” and we send letters for people need encourage words around the world.

1 year ago

I searched for the project, Cintia. Is this it?

1 year ago

That sounds wonderful. Thank you for doing this…what a great idea!

8. Marnie Jackson

I had a daycare provider when my kids were little who became my mentor and guru for all things children. I would like to write her and tell her how much her outlook on life and children influenced my family – and how much I needed and loved her support when the kids were young and it was so hard!!!

9. Patricia

This question actually jogged my thoughts toward a personal visit to someone. I could write a card and she would love it. She would love a visit even more.

10. L
    Lee Anne

I cherish the sound of paper…the scratching of the pen’s nib as I write. T0 whom would I write? Everyone. It is a lost art, and I miss my handwritten journal that I now type out on a computer. However, I have note cards that I periodically use when I want someone to know how much I care, taking a little more time to use my green ink fountain pen and ponder the words I write. 🖋

1 year ago

I can’t write by hand anymore because of severe arthritis, and I too miss my handwritten journal. I am grateful my computer is here for me to use, but still, yes, I do miss it….

1. L
        Lee Anne

Mary Pat, I just saw your reply this morning. I, too, have arthritic hands but must keep using them for I also paint. It is a blessing that I am an abstract painter and not obligated to render exact representational art. My cursive writing is much less than it was, even signing my name. I try to see the positive in all things and give thanks to our Lord that we have one another and all works out for the good. Blessed be ~ 🥰

1 year ago

I used to write handwritten notes to my youthful clients all the time before I retired. They loved getting regular mail all decorated with stickers, etc.! I miss that part of my job, still, six years later.

To be honest, I write zero paper-mailed notes and letters today. I text and email everything that I send to people, and they do the same to me.

But I will say this. Words still matter, and words written with care, love, and respect for the recipient are every bit as important, and impactful, as what used to come via “snail mail.” So, I’m not buying the notion that the best of what gets written should arrive the old fashioned way. It’s fine for those who continue to send paper mail…and God bless them for continuing…I have enthusiastic respect for this approach, but I don’t see myself sitting down with pen in hand to write a handwritten letter anytime soon.

1 year ago

Thank you for this…I appreciate you saying it, since I can’t handwrite now…..such a good way of looking at it, and true, now that I think about it!

1 year ago

I try and do this regularly…. I just sent Halloween cards to my kids, family and close friends:)

Lovely! 🎃

13. Sandra

At this moment I would write a handwritten note to my sister. It would say, ‘I care about you, I am concerned for you. I am here when you are ready.’

1 year ago

Will you write it, Sandra?

1. Sandra

I won’t be writing it just yet, Holly. I am meeting her for coffee on Friday afternoon. A face -to-face chat may be just what we need 😊

1 year ago

Too many lovely people to mention. What does it say?
    I care about you, I think about you, I wish you all the best. I give them my love.

1 year ago

Good luck to you on your future endeavors!

16. pkr

All the Best to you Javier. Stay in the Light….🙏✨

1 year ago

Wow…I hope-and pray-this ends well for you…..

18. ch

I wish you a good new beginning!

1 year ago

Well, I wasn’t sure…..happy for you👏🙌