1. n
    nidhi toppo

To make peace with the one who you’ve drifted apart from, be it for your own peace of mind or simply because.

2. V
    Vicki31083

Our tiny friend, Elmer, a nearly-deceased kitten we found in a storm drain 18 years ago and hand-fed into life, from about 3 weeks of age. He fit in the palm of my hand. He was a feral cat, but he took to us–as much as cats do! He was willful, mischievous, fierce, occasionally docile and snuggly, and a loyal friend and companion for my husband, our gardener, He slept next to my husband every night. They had a stormy relationship since Elmer was always getting into fights, but in the end, this little cat just wanted to be right next to my husband again against his chest. I’ve heard pets called “voluntary tragedies” and we are so thankful to have opened our hearts to that little rascal, though it hurts to lose him. What a great life we offered him.

1 year ago

Sorry for your loss Vicki. Pets are family.

1 year ago

Grief. In order to have grief, you have to have loved, or at the very least, cared about someone or something.
    Last week would have been a celebration of one of my children’s birthdays. Rob would have been 46 years old. And yesterday would have been my late husband’s birthday.
    It was also my daughter’s birthday, so I don’t openly mourn because I would never ruin her birthday. I do, however, mourn much on the day of their birthdays. Some years are easier than others. This year is hard. Grief has its own timeline.
    Remembering our good times can be a comfort, but grieving needs to happen as well. Next week is my other sons birthday, and all will be well by then. I will have done my grieving.
    No replies are wanted.
    I just needed to share and acknowledge the losses. Acknowledging is important…… that these two souls walked this earth, and were deeply loved. Still are.

1 year ago

Please feel embraced, Mary Pat 💞.

2. Pilgrim

My heart hears your heart, Mary Pat. Blessings to you and your family.

4. Ed Schulte

“All comes from within. The world in which you live is not projected onto you, but by you.”

–Nisargadatta-

1 year ago

For me, personally, what’s calling out is the confidence and composure I had for my last panel interview when I moved up into leadership almost a year and a half ago. I will be paneling again for a new, higher leadership role in another department the last week of this month. I’ve already experienced a little anxiety thinking about it, but I know I can do it and I know I can do it well. I need to remember that, and take that piece of strength into the next few weeks with me.

6. Marnie Jackson

That it is a new day for students. That it is September and I need to take care of me. That my daughter needs compassion when she is stuck at home quarantining over something that she has no control over. That my son needs to have fun! That my daughter is trying to figure out who she is – so if I don’t always like her behaviour – that is okay. That my son is gently trying to reengage with his social network. That my husband has a new job…and it is stressful for him.

1. V
      Vicki31083

Sending you the love of a grandmotherly great aunt. I have no children and worked for over 20 years as a pediatric nurse. I have never lost my deep respect for the incredible courage parents have at every step of their children’s lives. With you.

7. L
    Lee Anne

Manhattan was my home. I moved to Maine nine months before 9/11. My friends and colleagues were there that tragic day. I drove from Maine two weeks later to see those I loved, and as I entered the West Side Highway, the sole, eerie reminder of the razed Towers was a steely plume of smoke still spewing as it hovered over the Highway and Hudson River. I remember the tanks, military weapons, and unimaginable silence in the streets. And, I remember that we were united as a nation with no red or blue states, no bias towards color or religion, no hate speech, but just love and support as the world mourned with us.

Any of these National Days for today:
    SEPTEMBER 13, 2021 | NATIONAL KIDS TAKE OVER THE KITCHEN DAY | NATIONAL PEANUT DAY | DAY OF THE PROGRAMMER | NATIONAL BALD IS BEAUTIFUL DAY | NATIONAL BOSS/EMPLOYEE EXCHANGE DAY | UNCLE SAM DAY | NATIONAL CELIAC DISEASE AWARENESS DAY

1 year ago

Thank you, Michele, for that delightful list!

1 year ago

As a US citizen, I can’t help but feel that today’s question is two days late. Having just observed the twenty-year anniversary of 9/11, my mind and heart are still dwelling with memories and feelings of that horrific day.

1. L
      Lee Anne

I agree! I was starting to think that I was obsessing about 9/11. I see that I am still grieving.

2. Pilgrim

1 year ago

The practice in the Benedictine houses I studied and lived of Vigil. One of the daily prayer times of the Divine Office, occurring in the very early hours of the morning. In silence the brothers gather in the chapel like watchmen or sentinels. For long stretches of the office we meditate, focus, listen. The chanting is almost eerie and yet so deeply comforting. It was palpable how the effort seemed to call together the forces for good. And knowing that at this very moment, as I type this, they are even now holding us and the world together in the predawn darkness.

1 year ago

Thank you, Howie – beautiful!