How would I know?😜

1. L
      Lauryn

Exactly!

2. Journey

While the question is puzzling it does give us pause. Maybe we can try and identify what contributions we are making to the world. Not sure how many of us think that way. We often think about areas we want to improve in. How about we use this Q to think of the ways we are already contributing to ourselves, others and the world at large. Happy Friday. I’m back after a very long time.

Welcome back Journey!

What a funny question. If I don’t know it, how can I answer? 😄

4. Cintia

Good question…
    In this moment, right now, I’m reflecting on the question and a bee has entered the room.
    I stopped writing and opened the window! The bee could fly out into nature.
    I think I helped with some contribution 🙂

1 year ago

I just recently watched (two times now) Netflix Bridgerton. There is a bee that shows itself from time to time and I had googled it and came across this:
      Bee omen- They symbolize happiness and good luck. Some legends in the past have associated bees in dreams with improvement in life. We know that bees form a highly organized society

5. Samuel

I have long believed that as a self-professed Christian I may indeed be “the only Bible some folk may ever ‘read’” and thus must act accordingly at all times so as to set a good example. I don’t know of even a single instance where this really has been the case, but I still believe it to be true and intend to continue my efforts to live it.

1. Sandra

I love this reply, Samuel.

1 year ago

I suppose it would be ideal if we always knew our impacts, and yet I am not unhappy with my ignorance. Theoretically something I say or do quite unconsciously can be seen or overheard by some passerby and this somehow triggers in them a decision or conviction that changes their life, for better or worse. I know from experience that something I have said or done with the very best intentions disappointingly later turns out to have had quite the opposite effect. So that even having the right intentions doesn’t guarantee positive outcomes down the line. Perhaps it is as simple as putting what effort I do have into working on being precisely who I am, and letting the chips fall where they may.

1 year ago

Maybe you should ask my husband, or my neighbors, or my coworkers… because I don’t know the answer!

But I do hope that I am contributing good energy and light in all that I do, all the time. I hope I make people smile and feel good. I hope I am seen as a helper and as someone who helps others rise to their highest potential. Peace!

1 year ago

How can I answer the question when ‘without even knowing it’ is in it? I know work-wise I am making a contribution in helping tissue and organ donors meet their wishes upon their death. Everyone makes contributions to the world because we are in it. Breathing releases CO2 for starters.

1. Sandra

Your work makes a wonderful contribution Michele, thank you for it 😊 I shall need to think about this question before answering it. Perhaps I will know later what I don’t know now 😉

1 year ago

Okay, the literalist in me is unleashed! If I don’t know what contribution I am making in the world how can I name it?

Or, in the words of the renowned Kehlog Albran, in his long out of print tome, “The Profit,” there’s this:

“The earth is like a grain of sand, only much heavier.”

“I have seen the future and it is very much like the present. Only longer.”

“If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?”

“Spiders are relatively high in protein, but they tickle.”

There. I feel better now.

1 year ago

Thank you, Kevin, for laughs! I’ve googled him. It sounds like Kellogg’s All-bran. Maybe I can get a copy on Abebooks or somewhere 🤗🥰

1 year ago

Not alot has given me reason to smile lately, but this did! Thank you, Kevin!

3. Mike

Or as my favorite Yogi (Berra) said “You can observe a lot by just watching.”

4. Patricia

Thanks, I needed that!!!

5. L
      Lee Anne

Thank you, Kevin. I know I am not going insane! 🙄

6. Dusty Su

Ha, ha, okay then…there we have it.

1 year ago

I read it quite literally myself! Sometimes the questions are worded funny. Thank you for sharing some humor!

1 year ago

You and I think alike Kevin!

Dangerous! 🙂

10. Dusty Su

I think I know enough to be encouraged and don’t know enough to make myself reasonably humble.

The perhaps more impactful question would be, who or what am I hurting and don’t know? This is what I’d rather be aware of and alter.

1 year ago

Ah, thank you for making better sense of today’s question than I was able to, Dusty Su! I just decided to have a little fun with it instead.

1. Dusty Su

Fun is always good, Kevin…yay.

1 year ago

I smiled reading this question 😊. And indeed I do’nt know, but this is what I hope that my contribution is:
    “What the world needs now is love sweet love”.
    “This little light of mine, I’m gona let it shine”. 🗺️💛

1. pkr

Christine, love your response, so sweet….have a delightful weekend. Shine your light bright.❤️

😊 Thank you zo much, PKR. And I wish you a wonderful weekend in return. ☀️💛☀️

1 year ago

And further into that song, Christine the line, “Don’t think you can blow-It-Out,” are words I also love about this tune!

So true, Kevin!!