1. Marnie Jackson

My family and giving back to the world

2. Hermann-Josef

To stay in contact with inner peace. To think and do the right thing in the right moment. To be openhearted…

3. C
    Caroline Davis

Honesty within myself and close connections along with integrity; if you say you are going to do it, then do it, and lastly, peace of mind…wholeness of body and spirit.

4. Patricia

Different things, different times. Family, investing in the next generation, giving unconditional love, trying to live like a follower of Jesus…. making a difference (in a good way!)… being useful. Caring about and being a good steward of the earth….caring about and being a good steward of my physical body…

1 year ago

My spirituality. My faith and looking at the greater picture helps me deal with things going on around myself and the world. The principles allow me to know that their is more to life than just living and that our individual energies connect everything not just here but in the afterlife as well. This gives me hope, love and compassion and most of all gratitude

6. Carla

Living by spiritual principles; kinship with bio family & family of choice.

The other person.

8. Cathie

Trying to augment the Kingdom of love, and peace.

1 year ago

Many, many things matter to me! And the things that don’t matter to me I pay little to no attention to anyway.

BTW: Today’s question, in my impish mind, is right up there with, “If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?” 😊

1 year ago

Thank you, Kevin – you make me laugh. I appreciate that!

2. Cathie

LOL! That is a new one to me:)

Love.

11. K
    Kathy

Health, family, friends and a feeling of purpose.

1. Maeve

Yes, that’s it for me as well.

12. Ed Schulte

“Few things matter much. Most things don’t matter at all” DASKALOS

One of the “few”, is contained in the closing off of my morning meditation exercise ….

St. Paul said, “beloved ones, do not quench this spirit” so don’t allow this spirit within you to be extinguished.”…………

……….The love and blessings of the beloved Christ are in you and in your family and in the whole world. Slowly…slowly feel your human existence ….and…..consciously ……spread his love and blessings to the material world”

My family.

1 year ago

Being with my family today really matters to me. We are having our annual ThanksChristmas Party today. Because of past traumas in our family, we choose to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas on a day when there are no triggers for anyone. We have done this for years, and it has been a great decision.

Some years we have had a theme, and all dressed up in costumes. Doing this gave us a kind of distance emotionally, and it worked beautifully. We all chose a Doctor Who character. That year we did it around Halloween.
    Other years we have gathered and had a low key celebration. It just depends on how the year has been, and where everyone is emotionally. We did not meet when Covid had us in lockdown, but we did Zoom.
    It started out taking place in the summer months, but gradually shifted to happen between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has been one of the best ideas I have ever had for our family. And we have been doing it for over 11 years.

As we have healed through the years, the Celebration has moved, but only when almost all members were able to meet without intense family triggers.
    We have one member who was given up for adoption, and he really tries to come, but sometimes the pain is still too much.
    We let him know he is always welcome, but we understand, and respect and honor where he is….he has, over the years, developed a relationship with some of the younger members of the family, and that matters very much.
    So, with the new variant out there, we are still going through with it, and hope we are safe. We will wear masks, except when we eat, but will social distance. Say a prayer for us…..my husband and I are very much at risk……
    I saw a friend the other day, and asked her if her family were getting together for Christmas. She told me her family is so fractured they do not get together for anything anymore. Ever. They do not see each other at all.
    I am so grateful for my family, even though we are far from what you would think is the ideal family. We have survived.
    So it really matters to me that today happens.

1 year ago

Have a wonderful time with your celebration today Mary Pat.

1 year ago

Love. Family. Happiness. Being kind – to others, to myself, and to the earth. Sharing light with all I encounter. Making conscious connections.