Meditation. Journaling. Sometimes being in the moment I am in. That one is difficult for me, but I try…

2. Laura

A couple of cleansing breaths, taking note of my surroundings, meditation, journaling. Never thought of them as rituals before. I also like to recall this wisdom from Thich Nhat Hahn:
    You should go home to your hermitage; it is inside you. Close the doors, light the fire, and make it cozy again.

1. Pilgrim

Hi Laura, is there a particular book by Thich Nhat Hahn that you would recommend? His words of wisdom sort of call me …

1. Laura

Hello, Pilgrim, I have not read many of his works, “You Are Here,” is the one I remember but I read it many years ago.
        I think I pulled the quote from mindfulbalance.org. The curator of that site has a couple of lists of books that he’s found helpful, most with a Buddhist focus. Hope this helps you in your search.

1. Pilgrim

Thank you, Laura!

3. Butterfly

Focusing on my breath works for me. I take a deep breath in to a count of four, hold it for a count of four and let it go to a count of eight. I may do this just once or four or five times as I go through my day. I find it very calming and it brings me back to a feeling of centredness.

4. Nelson

Meditation. Yoga. Daily affirmations in front of a mirror. Relaxing in the sun.

5. Pilgrim

Morning coffee with reading, followed by yoga and planning (loosely) my day.

Meditation. Yoga. Cooking. Surfing. Yardwork.

Enjoying the early morning sights and sounds of a new day,.a fresh start with a positive, grateful attitude.

8. c
    carol

mindful of the breath

What an interesting question.
    Reading, writing, cooking, gardening, baking, creating, hiking – all in bits, and gratitude, but I have not thought of them as rituals or practices, and I think that if I did so consciously, the ability of it to restore me and “bring me home to myself” would be stronger for it.

10. Mark Piper

The practice or ritual that has been most consistent: Sunday Mass.

Some rituals and practces are not as consistnet as that, but a close second is also Saturday mornings. I joke that as tough as the last week may have been, as I clean my coffee maker every Saturday morning (after I’ve drunk the days coffee) I’m engaging in a hope-filled action — a future affirming action — by going through the ritual of cleaning the coffee maker as it prepares the way for another seven days coffee; a preperation for another seven mornings.

M’y daily meditations, watched the sun rise in the morning, my contacts with gratitude.org. Going for walks in nature to enjoy her beauty. Practicing playing my guitars ..

12. Maurice Frank

My journal which I have written in for over twenty years. The writing is cathartic, and reading old entries is insightful.

1. Butterfly

I do this too, Maurice. I too find it very helpful and useful to go back and reread my diaries from years ago.

My daily morning practice of coming onto this website starts my day off grateful. My evening practice before bed of watching some ASMR videos helps relax me to finish my day.

Photography, being with my family, rowing with my teammates, and participating in my faith community all help to ground me as a person each and every day.

I thought of you this morning – it’s National Farm Animals Day:)

15. Hermann-Josef

Sitting on a railway station. Any train that is coming, is a thought. Not entering the train. Just being there. It is like sitting on a dot that is exactly in the middle of likes and dislikes; pleasure and pain. It is a yes to how the moment is presenting itself. I am that wellwishing yes. But also praying, serving, Philosophie is helping me a lot. Have good day everyone…

1 2 3