1. Chester

Henry Parsons Crowell – founder of Quaker Oats – as with most mornings, I’m eating a quick breakfast, thanks to the ease of preparing oatmeal. Thank you Henry, although acknowledge oatmeal greatly preceding you, you helped with the accessibility and ease of preparation.

2. A
    Angela Miller

Tammy Bowers for leading me to Summerville Baptist

3. Rippleffect

Sept 7- Who deserves my gratitude today.
    Well who doesn’t?! …of course friends and family, strangers that help me today as I stumble around with my broken foot finding such kindness along the way…but mostly, those people who teach me the most..the ones who anger or upset me. They reflect back to me what I may need to work on in myself …or remind me to always reflect loving kindness to others…might just change the world one person at a time!
    I am grateful for all living beings too….animals, trees, running water…the list goes on.

That’s what the Dalai Lama says, Rippleffect – that we learn so much from those who upset us – thanks 🙂

2. Barb C

Thank you so much for the reminder that everyone has something to teach us if we’re willing to learn. My sympathies with your broken foot! I have a broken wrist so I feel your pain.

1. Rippleffect

Sending you some healing vibes Barb!!

3. c
      carol

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for those interactions where my anger and its cousins close and far, need my attention and eventually my gratitude .

4. Avril

Especially since it’s my birthday, my parents deserve many thanks. I’m blessed with two kind souls who still nurture me regularly. My husband who blesses me everyday with coffee and compassion so I can face the world. My children for stretching me and teaching me unconditional love. My best girlfriends for supreme nonjudgment and listening ears. My Guru for my sadhana. My minister for his faith. Too many others to name. I am aware of my interdependence. Gratefulness overflows right now.

Happy birthday Avril:)

2. Y
      Yram

Happy Birthday! If I could give you a gift, I would give you love and laughter, a peace-filled heart, a special dream, and joy forever.

1. Avril

3. Barb C

Happy Birthdayweekmonth Avril! That’s what we say at our house because we see no reason to stop celebrating after 24 hours.

1. Avril

Yes! Celebrate throughout the month, Avril! 🙂

1. Avril

Happy Birthday!

1. Avril

5. Carol

Your post is inspiring, Avril. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

1. Avril

2. Avril

6. dragonfly

Happy birthday, Avril. May you be blessed with health, joy and a peaceful heart. <3

1. Avril

God for letting me wake up to another day.
    My husband for being so loving and wonderful.
    My friend, Tanya, for reaching out to me about the surf this morning, even though I slept in and ruined today’s opportunity.
    Those who run this website, and those who contribute to it! I appreciate all of you so much!

6. Joseph McCann

At the bottom of auction sale bills there is usually a line that states “Many small items too numerous to mention.” That is who deserves my thanks…”Many people too numerous to mention,” So many friends and relatives who never gave up on the self that was hidden beneath my addiction to alcohol.. I thought the same thing about the colorful song bird as Michele did, that thanks is in order for Jason Hafso for capturing that beautiful image.

7. Laura

The Divine, for another glorious day to experience life in all its glory and messiness.
    And, everyone who posts here. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and joy.

As they say, funny you should ask! I need to thank my son-in-law, Jason, who ran a terrific hour-plus meeting last night regarding capital planning for our Quaker meeting property and buildings. For me, it’s dry, boring stuff that I would rather avoid dealing with all together, even though it was I who asked for the meeting! Finances are not my thing, yet Jason broke the whole thing down so that even I could understand it. A note of thanks this morning is clearly in order.

Right now the Gratefulness Team deserves my thanks as I am on their website doing my daily ritual and answering the daily question. I also want to thank Jason Hafso who took the photo for the Word of the Day, I loved seeing that beautiful colorful lil birdie.

10. Carla

In early August I became ill with COVID19. I’m grateful for having access to health care and medicine, as the symptoms weren’t as severe nor fatal. I’ve known some who’ve died, and there’s been thousands world wide. For medical care centers, their staff and scientist, Thank You!

11. Helly

God. He’s been with me through every dark night of the soul, every wobbly moment, every grief and loss. He was also with me for the first 38 years of my life, when I felt myself to be truly abandoned and alone. He waited for me to notice him- and for that I am truly thankful.

Chopin. This morning I played a piece by Chopin from my new piano book like I’ve never played the piano before. It was as if I was cradled and caressed by the music. This was a completely new experience for me. The most beautiful memory came back into my life. I feel gratitude.

1. KC

My goodness Christine. Thank you! It too wish I could hear you play it! Are you able to share the piece you played – the name of the piece, a recording, or perhaps even yourself playing. Such a joy and delight! I too adore Chopin …

Thank you KC. I am not a good pianist, but I am one with passion. Usually I accompany singers or a flutist. I do that well, and playing together gives me great joy. The Chopin piece I played is actually way too difficult for me, but I had new sheet music that was simplified. And it’s so nice to play a beautiful piece without studying a lot. The music touched me enormously. It was ballad no 1 in G minor Op. 23.

1. KC

Thank you Christine! I watched Olga Scheps playing your ballade with tremendous passion. I thought of your love for Karel as she played. So moving. I so appreciate your sharing that nugget of your day and life … Warmest wishes, KC

Dear KC, Thank you so much. And it’s always so nice when someone mentions Karel’s name. It warms my heart. I am going to listen to Olga Scheps too 😊. Love from Chris 💕

2. Rabbit

Wish we could hear it. Thank you.

😘