“We see, every day, that living gratefully can bring about personal transformation and happiness, and we believe that when we collectively align our actions with the values of grateful living, together we can help bring forth…”
No matter your hopes, intentions, or revelations for this year ahead, we can all benefit from companionship, wise guidance, and some heartfelt cheer-leading each day as we navigate our commitments to greater personal and global well-being. This is where we come in…
“It is not happiness that makes us grateful, it is gratefulness that makes us happy,” says our founder Br. David Steindl-Rast, and there is increasing research and abundant experience which now reinforce this wisdom.
A Network for Grateful Living exists as a place to learn from one another about the many ways that we can practice being grateful for life, no matter our circumstances. We see, every day, that living gratefully can bring about personal transformation and happiness, and we believe that when we collectively align our actions with the values of grateful living, together we can help bring forth our vision of “a peaceful, thriving, and sustainable world – held as sacred by all.” We believe that gratefulness deepens love, engagement, and compassion, and that love can change our lives, and change our world in much-needed ways.
Please join us to offer yourself – and others – the gifts of grateful living every day. Here are some practical ways you can stay connected to the benefits and blessings:
- Make Grateful.org your home page (this is one of the best ways to make good on your commitments to your well-being; start your day, and your computer, being reminded of reasons to feel grateful!)
- Visit our Explore page often for new articles, announcements, poems, videos, practices and more. Explore the surface or the depths of our content whenever you need perspective, comfort, insight, or inspiration
- Peruse Brother David Steindl-Rast’s online archives, rich with wisdom and spiritual guidance
- Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter/Grateful Offerings
- Subscribe to Word for the Day (receive daily quotes by email)
- Share and be inspired in our Gratitude Lounge
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Reflect on our Daily Question
- Send a meaningful and/or uplifting eCard to someone
- Share a Story from your life about Grateful Living
- Support our free services, and let generosity fill you up.
May your commitment to your well-being, and that of the world, be fruitful and may peace and love prevail in 2017.
– Your Grateful Living team