July 25, 2016 * 3pm – 9pm PDT * The Cowell Theatre * San Francisco, CA
We are so glad that you will be our guest at this rare, intimate celebration of the remarkable life and wisdom of Brother David Steindl-Rast, his vast legacy of grateful living, and his 90th birthday. This 3-part event includes:
- a rich afternoon conversation from 3 – 5 pm about “lived mysticism” with Br. David and some of his “next generation” friends, including Soren Gordhamer of Wisdom 2.0, Nipun Mehta of ServiceSpace, and Zen teacher Diane Musho Hamilton, ending with a poetic dedication by Jane Hirshfield,
- a reception with light fare from Cow Hollow catering, refreshments, a cash bar, and book-signings (with books for sale) from 5 – 7 pm,
- an evening celebration from 7 – 9 pm with a narrated A/V biography of Br. David’s life from the Special Collections Archives, a Tribute video, honors, stories, poetry, and blessings from Michael Lerner and other special friends.
- Doors open for check-in at 2 pm. Doors to the theater open for general admission seating at 2:40 pm. Books will be for sale, and a concession stand will be open from 2 – 3 pm.
- Your registration includes access to all three parts of the event. Please plan to arrive on time since the afternoon and evening events will be filmed and worth every moment.
- The registration process will require that you have a photo ID with you. Once you check in, you will be adorned with a “seed bracelet” and name-tag. These will allow you to leave and return during the break.
- From 5 – 7 pm, Br. David and others will be signing books, we will have wonderful, light fare for you to eat, and it is an opportunity for you to socialize with others in attendance. It is also a time when you can opt to leave to get a bite to eat at Greens Restaurant or Interval Cafe at Fort Mason.
- The entire event will be filmed. You will be asked to sign a release form when you arrive at the event venue. If being filmed is a problem for you, please plan to sit towards the back of the theater. People will not be able to enter and exit near the front of the theater during the program.
YOUR SUPPORT FOR BR. DAVID’S LEGACY:
100% of the money generated by this event establishes a Legacy Fund to support Br. David’s work in perpetuity. Our goal is to announce a $90,000 Fund for Br. David’s 90th birthday at the event. This Fund will offer support for Br. David’s most valued initiatives, such as launching a Fundamentals of Grateful Living curriculum, forming community-based Gratefulness Groups, connecting more deeply with our international network of partners, and digitizing his vast print and A/V archives. Your generosity is much appreciated and celebrated.
There are a few tickets still available to this special event! Register here.
Thanks to the Fetzer Institute and their generous partnership, 100% of the proceeds from this event will help preserve the legacy of Brother David Steindl-Rast through the Legacy Fund at A Network for Grateful Living.