The sacred is not in heaven or far away. It is all around us…Alma Luz Villanueva
Feeling busy or overwhelmed this time of year? Longing to make space for the sacred? Join Us Monday, December 12, 2022, 7:00-8:15 p.m. EST for a 75-minute online retreat: Cultivating the Sacred. The retreat will be hosted by Kristi Nelson, Executive Director and author of Wake Up Grateful, and Sheryl Chard, Director of Education. We invite you to:
- Reconnect with that which is most sacred to you
- Attune to the sacred that exists and persists — even when you may be bogged down in busy-ness or overwhelmed by life’s challenges
- Consider ways to cultivate sacredness in your life with care and intention
We all have things in our lives that we hold sacred — a set of values and practices, relationships and places. Even if we haven’t used the word sacred to describe them, they are things that we treasure and revere, that enhance our experience of life; if they were objects (and perhaps some are), they’d be the things we’d risk our lives for to save from a burning building. The writer and farmer Wendell Berry writes: “There are no unsacred places; only sacred places and desecrated places.” He’s speaking about the land, but the same might be said about so many aspects of our lives — of being alive. So much is sacred, yet so much can be diminished without our care, attention, and love. Grateful Living invites us to attune to the sacredness of life — to nourish and tend that which is most precious to us and also to become more aware of the sacred all around.
What is sacred to you? How can you protect it from being taken for granted? How can you nurture sacredness? Where might the sacred be offering itself to you, even in the most “ordinary” ways?
- When: Monday, December 12, 2022, 7:00-8:15 p.m. EST (Time Zone Converter Here)
- Where: We will gather via Zoom webinar. All registrants will receive an event reminder and Zoom webinar link.
- Registration is open through Monday, December 12, 6:00 p.m., EST.
- Participants will not be on camera but will be invited to interact using the chat.
- This gathering is offered free of charge. When registering, you’ll have the option to make a donation. Your support helps us to continue to offer these kinds of programs. Thank you!
Photo by Luz Mendoza
Please log in or Create a Profile to post a comment.
Will this be recorded, please? It will be mid-night in the UK when this starts.
Hi Butterfly! We have decided to record tonight’s session and it will be shared in a follow-up email sent to all who register. Thank you!