This online sanctuary has been created to support a global community in experiencing and sharing the transformative power of gratitude. In the interest of maintaining an inviting and trustworthy space for civil and humane exploration and the cultivation of the core values of grateful living, you agree to the following terms by using this site and our social media platforms:
To preserve the integrity of the site and our social media communities, the following actions are expressly disallowed:
- Posting vulgar, obscene, or indecent language.
- Language that expresses prejudice against others based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, disability, or socioeconomic status.
- Dominating the community space.
- Posting divisive or incendiary partisan political comments.
- Advertising, unabashed self-promotion, or posting any form of solicitation, including petitions.
- Posts that malign, vilify, defame, abuse, harass, or threaten others.
- Advocating violence against or harassment of groups or particular individuals.
- Aggressive, repeated attempts to convert someone’s beliefs.
- Messages that are visually distracting or disruptive.
- Sharing links or videos that do not advance or support grateful living.
- Posting a virus or other harmful component.
- Using crawlers, spiders, or any automated software to copy substantial portions of the website.
- Any other action which may put undue load on the website and cause it to slow down or become unresponsive to users.
- Impersonating other users, people, or site administrators, or using multiple aliases.
- Engaging in any personal monetary transactions or fundraising on behalf of other organizations/programs/
- Posting bank account information or other personal identity information (social security numbers, passport/drivers license information, etc.)
In addition, with regard to our Light a Candle feature:
- You may come back to the site to light new candles or to replace the ones that have burned down.
- Just as if you were at a public event or in a sacred space, we ask each individual participant to refrain from lighting a disproportionate number of candles. More important to the experience of Light a Candle is the heartfelt quality of your candle message(s) rather than the quantity of candles lit.
- Using automated means and/or rapidly lighting candles with the same or essentially the same message is prohibited. Even if the intention is appropriate, flooding the site with repeated and/or blank messages is considered undesirable as it inhibits diversity of the candles others encounter.
The site administrators reserve the right to remove any comments, posts, or candle messages and to ban any users or software that substantially inhibit the ability of others to use and enjoy this website and our social media platforms.
These terms and conditions are subject to change. Any updates will be posted here. If you have questions or would like to report a violation please contact us.
Thank you for your cooperation – we are truly grateful!