“What you are, the world is. And without your transformation, there can be no transformation of the world.”Jiddu Krishnamurti
The new year often brings with it a welcome sense of possibility as we bid farewell to the old and embrace the potential of what’s to come. Even as global challenges continue to contribute to a sense of heightened uncertainty, opportunity awaits when we situate ourselves in gratefulness.
Orienting to the most essential aspects of life offers solid ground from which to move into the future with intention and creativity. As we seek meaningful approaches to daily living, we can open ourselves to the poignancy of life and our connection to each other, to the extraordinary nature of the universe and this time in particular, and to the transformative benefits of living gratefully. How will you step into this new year? Who do you want to be — as an individual and in community? What role will gratefulness play?
May this collection of resources help to support you in welcoming the new year with curiosity, courage, a sense of limitless possibility, and a deepening appreciation of the opportunities in each moment.
The Possible Is Always Present
7-Day Gratitude Journey
Gratitude for Shedding
Bright Word Mandala Practice
Rise Up Again
A Grateful Day
Questions to Consider When Waking
- What does transformation mean to you? What motivates you to learn, to grow, to continue deepening and expanding your experience of life and the world?
- What hopes and longings do you have for the coming year?
- Who do you want to be? What capacities and practices might support you in being your fullest, most authentic self in the year ahead?
- What visions do you have for the world? How might you take steps to realize these visions?
- What possibilities emerge when you open to transformation with a grateful heart?