We invite you to share a personal story reflecting on the following:
Share a time when living gratefully shifted a moment, an experience, or a lifetime. Illustrate how gratefulness has surprised you, has brought you fresh perspective, and/or has transformed your life in some way.
Please follow these recommendations when submitting your story:
- Be as specific as possible. We invite you to build your piece around a particular story that you have experienced – a happening, a series of related events, or a set of circumstances – and how you were personally affected in the context of Grateful Living.
- Allow this piece to be your story. Consider grounding your story in personal perspective by:
- Using “I statements.”
- Letting wisdom emerge through your story, as opposed to “teaching.”
- Being mindful of the diverse perspectives and experiences of others. Endeavor to frame your reflection in a way that will invite others to relate, reflect, and learn.
- Suggested word count: 400-1200 words
- Feel free to include images (at least 500 pixels x 500 pixels)
- Please include a short bio (up to 80 words) along with a headshot of you (at least 300 x 300 pixels)
- Upload a Word Doc or Text File please
Additional questions that may serve your reflection:
- What is gratefulness to you?
- How as gratefulness impacted your life?
- Have you experienced an awakening or transformation with gratefulness as a catalyst? How?
- Are there moments or times when you struggle with being grateful?
- What has gratefulness taught you?
- What/who has inspired you to live gratefully?
- Have you experienced being grateful in spite of or because of difficult or untenable circumstances? How?
- What have you learned about not taking something for granted?
- When is being grateful difficult? How do you get to gratefulness when it seems impossible or even unreasonable to consider it?
- Do you have a “practice” that cultivates gratefulness or supports you to live gratefully? What does your practice look like?